Annually thousands of mobile applications get developed and launched across the world. Whether they are developed for personal or business use, they really fulfill the changing needs of the consumers remarkably. One such program is Snapchat that is a messaging program for a mobile and meant for sharing texts, photographs, drawings and videos also.
Young people especially teenagers are only mad about using this application and because ‘selfies’ are becoming a norm; Snapchat is the easier means to transfer them quickly. The interesting part of Snapchat is that the photo that gets moved self-destructs within seconds after it’s been received by the other person.
Snapchat is the perfect app for taking selfies either singly or a group of friends. It can also be used to receive the photo also. The choice to alter the duration of the video or a photograph enables the user to send the desired content be within ten seconds. When the other individual receives the photograph or the ‘snap’, he wants to press and hold to see the video or the photo.
Despite being a exceptional app, Snapchat surely will come with some concerns. It has become popular amongst teens who are tempted enough to send all sorts of videos and photos to one another. They do it regardless of how the content cannot be stored or shared respectively. That’s why the photos cannot remain tagged up but they end up associated with the various individual on the Facebook eternally. Thus, there may be no limitation towards sharing of any several types of content in any respect.
By way of example, your friend might take a screenshot of your photo. Though he would need deft fingers and you’ll be notified by the service once the screenshot has been taken, yet it could be shared with other people easily.
The user has only got some options when using Snapchat. He or she can use a setting to allow only a few friends to send the snaps.
An individual may block another from sending him the pictures. For this, he must locate the title on his friend’s list, then click and hold the name for another to bring up a few of the icons. The ‘Gear’ icon has to be clicked that can block the other from sending the pictures.
How can parents monitor children that use Snapchat?
These days the teenagers have immersed themselves in the new kinds of social media websites. This means there can be many more concerns and in some cases, parents need to look at their children for what they are doing at any moment. Given below are a few hints and details that parents should know will allow them to control their kids as they utilize Snapchat respectively.
1. Snapchat is an engaging and fun way to remain in touch friends by sharing countless crazy videos and images. The images may vary either being taken at college, in the mall or even the toilet. Thus, apart from being a communication tool, Snapchat can be overly misused too. So, a parent should discuss the suitable way of using the app with their kid or children to avoid any issues from happening in any way.
2. The teenagers believe that Snapchat is benign since photo texts and videos can disappear in only ten seconds. But this tool gives the opportunity to save the screenshots conveniently. This is where there could be a major concern for the parents because they simply do not have the control over their child’s display at any moment.
3. Every app comes with a help guide and conditions of usage respectively. Two big terms are the eligibility of the user for using the program, and the other is that the parental permission for using the program. Snapchat can only be used by those that are at least 13 years old and if they are under 18, they then need permission from the parents.
Moreover, the user also agrees to enable the application to get access to the address book that will then enable the uploading of the data to the servers. This means that the user has shared his private details with family and friends without their consent respectively.
4. After the picture or the snap is delivered to other person, you grant the non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide, and sub-licensable permit to Snapchat. However, the access is subjected to the use of the privacy settings of the respective individual that allows him to restrict or give access to the other for viewing the content.
5. Nowadays a modified version of ‘Snapkidz’ is also available to use from the kids that are under 13 years. Through this version, they could catch snaps, create captions and even draw the snaps as well. But the role of sending and receiving pictures isn’t supported with this program. The whole process of working with the application only occurs on the user’s device where the snaps get stored.
6. Verizon that is a mobile cellular company offers valuable information to the parents about Snapchat. This is vital since Snapchat can also be used for ‘sexting’ that empowers users to send nude or sexually explicit content easily. So, teenagers find it humorous to circulate personal photos because the screen capture capability of Snapchat is handy indeed.
7. The reality is that teens nowadays, have become tech savvy and can easily outsmart the parents. As a parent, one just needs to talk to his kid about the usage of social networking websites as well as Snapchat. The kids have to be educated about the good and the bad side of various programs, Animal control near me, and why they need to follow some rules. The teens, in this regard, should be forced to realize what the abuse of Snapchat can lead to later on in life.
8. The kids will need to understand that despite the necessary precautions, whatever gets posted on social media can still become people in few seconds only. This means that any material that gets posted may make trouble for you.