Rodents are pesky animals that thrive best in residential areas. They live in tiny holes, or burrows, which they’ve dug along fence and buildings areas. If not controlled, rodents are extremely hard critters to eliminate. They generally have a lifespan of one year, and the female rodents give birth to about four to seven liters that consists of about six to twelve young inside their lifetime.
Rodent control is needed and should be a priority in all establishments to prevent any diseases and disease from spreading. Mice and rodents often enter stored food supply which they can easily contaminate. They thrive in areas where they can find a steady supply of food. In addition to that, their wastes also carry diseases like Leptospirosis and E-coli. Protect your loved ones, establishment, and community now.
Here are the easy and quick hints in rodent control:
1. Store and dispose of food . Make sure that food containers are tightly sealed. Do not dump garbage or leftover food in the yard or compost as this is an attractive sight to rodents. Note that left over pet foods like bird seed fallen from dishes will also attract these pests.
2. Close any holes around or in your dwelling. One of the favorite past times of mice and rodents are to chew anything that they can get teeth on which include wood, dirt, and more. They also find hallow spaces inviting. If it is impossible to close the hole by cement or dirt, homeowners may also place screens to keep the rodents out.
3. Keep the home and surroundings organized. Once an area is messy and many things are piled on top of another in a disorganized fashion, it is less likely to find any signs of rodent activity such as chewed books or feces lying around. An organized area will give rodents less chances to find places to hide and can be quickly sighted.
4. Remove stagnant water from the region. For rodent control, it is ideal to sweep off water that could be lying across the sidewalk and to regularly empty any pails or drums which have accumulated excess water that’s not being used.
5. Use gadgets to help remove these unsanitary animals. Mice or rodent traps are available; there are also traps which provide an electronic shock to pests that get caught.
6. Move quickly. When a rodent is sighted, homeowners need to immediately move to follow the tips stated above. Additionally it is a good idea to be open and talk to neighbors and the community about the existence of rodents for protection.
To get rid of your pest problem it’s best to call a professional pest control.